June 02, 2023
June 20: Public Comment on APS Rate Hike
To speak in person, please complete a request to speak.
Please consider the following asks of APS and the ACC are:
- APS should retire the Four Corners Power Plant prior to 2031 and replace it with lower-cost renewable energy, which would save ratepayers money and reduce pollution.
- Ratepayers should not have to pay for APS’s irresponsible, unjustified spending to keep the costly, dirty Four Corners Power Plant running until 2031.
- APS should switch Four Corners to seasonal operations in 2023 as originally planned.
- APS should close Cholla Power Plant by no later than 2025 as scheduled.
- The ACC should approve funding for Coal Community Transition for communities impacted by coal plant retirements. APS’s proposed funding of $106.5 million CCT funding proposal is an important first step and should be approved by the Commission.
- APS should increase investments in energy efficiency and demand-side management (DSM) programs that save ratepayers money.